What a nice gift on a Tuesday. My blog has been nominated for a Sunshine Award! Very exciting indeed. I want to thank Jesselyn over at http://everylittlethingsgonnabealright.wordpress.com/ for my nomination. This is an award that is given to writers who brighten other people’s days. I feel like my blogs are 90% madness / 10% humorous. If they brighten your day, then you too must be a little mad. As my buddy the Mad Hatter says, “We’re all mad here.”
So, here are the rules:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
- Include a link to the blogger who nominated you (above)
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are the 10 questions that were asked of me:
- What is your deepest fear? Failure. Failure at _________. Insert about any word.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? freaking sock a lot away for fertility treatments, probably buy a ton of baby swag, get new cars, invest & donate.
- Why do you blog? Anonymous blogging is one of the only non-judgmental outlets I have when it comes to my fertility journey. I’m still “in the closet” to 90% of my real life friends. Blogging also lets me interact and relate to others who go through similar circumstances.
- If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? I’d have to say my husband, because I miss him so much.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? architect, horticulturalist and/or a Broadway star.
- What is a meal from childhood that you crave? I don’t particularly remember eating anything too appetizing as a youngster. I crave macaroni & cheese and my mom’s Thanksgiving stuffing.
- Name 3 of your weirdest quirks. Only 3??? 1) I sing to my cat. I make up lyrics to existing songs, but also have some originals. 2) I use hand sanitizer like a mofo, total germaphobe. But this is for many reasons. I have a bad immune system & I am a med tech (lab worker) by trade. 3) I have to have all my pillows (5) perfectly aligned before I go to sleep. I also can’t have to pillowcases bunching up, they have to be smooth.
- What quality of your hero do you wish you had? Complete faith in God & also myself.
- What is the one thing that can always make you smile when you feel really sad? The Golden Girls & pictures of cats lol
- What kind of candy describes you and why? A chocolate truffle. Looks plain on the outside, but on the inside it’s gooey and delicious.
And the nominees are:
Here are your 10 questions to answer:
1) When you got nominated, did you sing “You are my sunshine” in your head?
2) Why & when did you start your blog?
3) Name 3 ways your fertility journey has impacted your life today.
4) If you could go back, what would you do differently?
5) … what would you keep the same?
6) Name an embarrassing story so we can all laugh at you… errrr with you!
7) Do you have a favorite vacation that you’ve took?
8) Name one thing you have to get accomplished this week, no matter how big or small.
9) State one tidbit of advice for those still strolling on the journey towards reaching their goal of a baby.
10) Favorite dessert?